Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Bombers are da bomb! I love them. I made one a few years ago in a Zebra print which I love and it has been one of my most worn items from my homemade wardrobe so far. I thought maybe bombers might have gone out of fashion but according to a few articles I’ve read in fashion mags and blogs lately they are still up there in the fashion trends. If fact this post from Bloglovin was what inspired me. So, after reading all of these fashion reviews I got a bit excited and drafted up a simple bomber jacket – the Birdie Bomber.
Full story on my new website Sew This Pattern
Friday, June 24, 2016
To celebrate a year (and a bit) since the release of the Venus Kimono sewing patterns we are holding a sewing competition where you can win Mood Fabrics gift vouchers.
$100 First prize and $50 runner up!
How to enter the sewing competition.
It's so simple, all you have to do is make your Venus Kimono, take a photo of yourself (or someone) wearing it and share it with us on Instagram (hashtag #venussewingcomp and tag @sewthispattern), Facebook or by emailing us your entry at email@example.com.
Be creative, choose a great fabric, and even alter the pattern if you like. You can shorten it, lengthen it, add fringing, use lace, add a collar like this one from Vernoica Darling. I've also got a pinterest board you can have a peak at to help you with some inspiration.
If you've already made one up you can enter it and you can enter as many times as you like. So, get sewing! We are really excited to see all of your amazing creations. Good luck!
The following Terms and Conditions apply to enter the Venus Kimono Sewing Competition:
- Your creation will be judged on creativity, fabric choice, final composition and presentation.
- By entering the competition you agree that you sewed the garment and the Venus Kimono relaxed pattern (available here) or oversized pattern (available here) is used in the creation of your final garment.
- All entrants give permission for Sew This Pattern to use submitted images of your entry on the STP website, Blog, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and other social media sites if required. You will be credited wherever possible and links will be provided.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Vouchers will be to the value of $AUD at the current exchange rate.
- Competition ends 11:59pm AEST Sunday July 31st and is open to entries worldwide.
If you have any questions please contact me.