Monday, March 12, 2012

Tutti Fruitti Skirt

I made this simple layered circle skirt with a tulle petticoat for my friends little girl.

The pattern is Mc Calls 6066 available in sizes 3 though to 14.

I hand made the bias binding using the same fabric as the overskirt and I made the attached flower following this tutorial (try not to burn your fingers).

I made it up in a cotton poplin and a nice japanese cotton spot. The flocked tulle is from Spotlight. Unfortunately they are not making it in orange anymore. It is still available in pink, purple, red, and black.


I’ve made this skirt a few times it’s so easy. It does take quite a bit of tulle so it can get expensive depending on your fabric choice but a great birthday present.

Apparently she has not taken it off yet!








No comments:

Post a Comment