Saturday, May 16, 2015

Launch of Sew This Pattern and Pin Pegs Mini Skirt.


How exciting! My new years resolution has actually come to fruition. I have released a new sewing pattern called Pin Pegs Mini and started a new venture called Sew This Pattern

After studying Fashion Design many moons ago and working in the rag trade for most of my working career, last year I decided to develop a sewing pattern in the hopes I could start up my own line of sewing patterns.

Having two school age boys and working part time as a fitness instructor (not to mention training and racing my bike) didn't leave me a lot of time for sewing let alone making this dream come true.

I am more of a pencil and paper type designer so when it comes to computer design, I need a lot of help. Luckily my partner is a guru in this field and has helped me with photography, website design and illustrator. Thanks Tone!

The vision for  Sew This Pattern is to offer patterns that are not only on trend, but a bit of fun and give the sewer plenty of inspiration to add some of their own personality.  Most of the patterns will be for the advanced beginner to intermediate sewer, perhaps a little challenging at times for some but helping you improve your skills and techniques. 

So here it is the Pin Pegs Mini Skirt.

The Pin Pegs Mini skirt is a pattern that you will love sewing and love wearing. It’s all about showing off those Pin Pegs, Bacon and Eggs, Mystic Megs, Legs!

It’s a mini skirt but how short depends on how tall you are. Make it a micro mini by shortening it or lengthen it to make it a more conservative knee length. For those of you who want a longer skirt in this style but don't think your skills are up to lengthening it yet, don't worry I will include a tutorial shortly on how to lengthen it on my blog.  Also, I will have a Pin Pegs long skirt pattern coming soon to take all of the work out for you.

The Pin Pegs downloadable sewing pattern is perfect for an advanced beginner or intermediate sewer as the design has a zipper which is easy to insert and a buttonhole which could be replaced by a snap. You can dress it up for evening with a pair of pumps or grunged down with a cool pair of boots for day.

It’s asymmetric hem design and zipper closure give it an edgy look that really stands out in the crowd. Choose a fabulous floral, a bold digital print or a bright solid to add your own personality. Add extra interest by using a contrast colour, metal or chunky zipper. Make this skirt yours!

Here are some pics of the skirts I have made so far and some pics from some fabulous ladies who have kindly tested the pattern for me. Thankyou ladies!


Thanks to Kate for the modelling. Those pin pegs are looking great.







Big shout out to these amazing ladies. Thank you for  testing the pattern for me. You're Pin Pegs look incredible!









Lisa



You can purchase the pattern at www.sewthispattern.com

Please feel free to hastag on your instagram feed #sewthispattern @sewthispattern so I can see all of your amazing designs.

Annie x







8 comments:

  1. love every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! They have done an amazing job. More to come!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Love the modern unique style. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emily. When you do try it make sure you email me at sewthispattern@gmail.com so I can see your version and add it to my website. Annie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm very excited to get my first pattern out there :)

      Delete